Broadband internet access
In relation to the broadband internet access market, the following charts are available:
- Penetration of fixed broadband access
- Market shares of fixed broadband internet access connections by operator
- Market shares of xDSL fixed broadband internet access connections by operator
- Changes in the shares of fixed broadband technologies based on the number of broadband internet access connections
- Penetration of NGA and non-NGA fixed broadband internet access connections by households
- Changes in the number of fixed broadband internet access connections over different technologies
- Changes in the number of NGA and non-NGA fixed broadband internet access connections
- Market shares of fixed broadband internet access connections by access speeds
- Penetration of FTTH fixed broadband internet access connections by households
- Market shares of FTTH fixed broadband internet access connections by operator
- Penetration of mobile broadband internet access by population
- Mobile broadband internet access
- Market shares of mobile broadband internet access by operator
- Changes of mobile broadband traffic
- Market shares of mobile broadband traffic by operator
Broadband internet access is one of the most important electronic communications services demanded by end users, as it has become a necessary source of information, as well as a medium for communication and entertainment Practically everyone uses the internet, regardless of their age. End users are always looking for the fastest and most reliable connections, which contributes to an increasingly diverse selection of internet access options, which users can pick based on their needs.
Broadband internet access providers bundle different free or premium services in their plans, such as email, antivirus software, server space for hosting websites, virtual private networks (VPN), static IP, etc.
The prevalence of broadband access is one of the key indicators of the electronic communications market's development. Broadband services are available in Slovenia over the copper network, the coaxial cable network, fixed wireless network, mobile wireless network, leased lines, and the fiber optics network. Wireless technologies, especially mobile ones, are gaining traction, as the emerging standards have increased data transfer speeds.
The development of the internet and wireless internet access launched the cloud computing era. All major providers of digital content are building large data centers with the objective of housing their libraries of films, TV shows, music, etc. End users will on the other hand have a few gigabytes of space to upload their content and files. The main advantage of cloud computing for end users is that it makes their content available everywhere, and not just on their computer hard disk.